YouTube channels allow the upload and storage of videos that you create, for online access, and for displaying on web pages, as well as in Canvas courses. The workshop will cover:
- Signing up and logging into YouTube (Google account) You may need to link older accounts. Start with the Google SignUp page, then learn the basics.
- Upload – Specify Title, Description, and Privacy (Public, Unlisted, Private). Also Tags (optional – but a good idea), Thumbnails (choose default or custom)
- Subtitles/Closed Captions
- Creator Studio – Video Manager (Videos, Playlists, Copyright and licenses)
- Customizing Your Channel – New visitor or Returning Subscriber, About page, Channel icon, Channel art, LayoutSections, Linking to websites
- Basic editing – Create –> Video Editor or https://www.youtube.com/editor